Job: Security Officer
Department: Buildings Department (Security)
Reporting to: Security Supervisors, Deputy Head of Security and Head of Security.
Main purpose of the job: Front Line Security Officer. Duties include working around the College and grounds using patrol vehicles and bicycles and staffing the control room.
Undertake shift work working 12 hour shifts covering days and nights Undertake patrols as instructed both internal and external Undertake action as first Officer on scene in the event of an emergency / situation To have a smart appearance befitting that of Eton College Enthusiastic and methodical with attention to detail Exercise tact and diplomacy when needed Have a high degree of interpersonal skills Polite and well-mannered in the approach to others Show tolerance and understanding Represent the College’s best interests at all times ? Proactive in community relations Be proactive in thoughts and actions
Knowledge and skills:
? Be qualified or agree to be qualified with Professional Guarding Skills Clean UK Driving Licence is essential Current SIA CCTV Licence is desirable( training is available) An ability to communicate at all levels effectively and appropriately with a variety of individuals Good level of literacy, numeracy and telephone skills IT literacy an advantage Hold a 4 Day First Aid At Work certificate or be prepared to train for this qualification
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who enjoys working as part of a team and is able to relate effectively to young people. The ideal candidate must be flexible, able to work alone or as part of a team, have good verbal and written communication skills and be proactive in their thoughts and actions.
Terms and Conditions:
Salary: £8:75 - £11:50. This rate of pay takes full account of the paid holiday provisions set out below. Working hours: Hours of work are worked to a 12 hour shift pattern in accordance with the Security duty roster. A normal working week is regarded as 42 hours and shifts will include nights and weekend working.
Holidays: Twenty eight days statutory paid holiday per annum, inclusive of Bank Holidays throughout the year. This equates to 19.6 x 12 hour shifts.
Benefits • Pension scheme Employees who wish to be enrolled into the NEST Pension can choose either to contribute 4.9% of their salary and the College will contribute 11% or to join the auto-enrolment category where they will currently pay 1% and the College pays 1%. These auto-enrolment amounts will increase gradually over the next few years in line with Government requirements.
• Death in service benefits This is currently 4 x basic salary.
• Sports and Leisure Facilities Employees at the College enjoy free use of the College Gym, swimming pool and tennis courts with subsidised use of other sport facilities, together with free use of the School Library, and free entry to College theatre and concert productions.
• Provision of meals You will be entitled to a subsidised lunch when on duty from Monday to Friday during term time in central dining facility.
• Childcare Vouchers The College’s Childcare Voucher Scheme is supplied by World Star. More details are available from the HR Department.
• Employee Assistance Programme All employees have access to counselling services provided by Health Assured. More information is available from the HR Department.
• Give as You Earn The College is registered with Give as You Earn. This payroll deduction scheme enables employees to make regular deductions directly from their salary in support of their chosen charity or good cause.
Start date: As soon as possible, subject to satisfactory recruitment checks.
Applicants are asked to apply online by visiting our website:
The closing date: 05/12/2018 at noon.
To apply for this position please send us your cover letter and CV, quoting the job referenceSend Application